Jun 30, 2009

Just like the squirrels

Day 180, Monday: 40 lbs of these . . . .

sure will taste good this winter!


My SIL & I got 25 quarts total, with only 1 broken jar. Not bad for a days work!




Day 181, Tuesday: Here's the daily harvest from my garden. How many foods can you see in the basket?



So I have been busy canning & freezing all the foods that are plentiful in my garden. I kinda feel like the squirrels as they scurry around in the fall gathering their nuts for the winter. ;-D I would have MORE peas & beans but that pesky old groundhog has found it's way into my garden. It has dug a hole under the garden shed and can be seen in the early morning/late evening just munching away at the buffet. err they make me SO mad!! And I didn't put all my black raspberries in the photo - I have gotten a total of 6 quarts and there are STILL more hanging on the bush.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Wow - I am impressed! What a nice bunch of produce and I can see you've been busy putting it up. Nice job!

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

Your basket of produce looks so good. I haven't had a decent garden in years. The last 5 years or so in Harper I only put out what I called a salsa garden...onions, tomatoes, peppers. I instead focused on my flowers and harvested at the grocery store. We were never able to grow nice raspberries either. Too much work in Kansas. Good for you!

Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit. Please come again!

You have lovely produce coming from your garden.

I am from a small town in PA too....I'm from Lancaster County. We live in MD now, but hope to move back to PA in a few years.

Darla said...

i am so jealous of your gardening and canning skills! and that produce looks amazing! oooh, and the cherries too. wow! you are going to Canada? please show us pictures,i have always wanted to go there. :D