A few weeks ago I asked you to help me come up with a new blog title. I was looking for something catchy, cute, and used my last name - Shirk.
Many of you gave it your best effort & there were some that I considered for a moment - something about the goat being on the front porch? Thanks LA! J But nothing felt quite right. And while neglecting or evading a duty can be catchy (and sometimes welcomed in this mommas home!) it centrally doesn’t describe my personality. I’ll just keep it as my last name & Y it!!
Hubby started our blog last summer for our trip to Europe as a means for family & friends to follow our travels. Who knew almost a year later that I would be hooked & my circle of friends would reach across the states!!!
Last evening while working in my garden, the creative brain juices were stirring as I was desperately trying to come up with a catchy little blog title. Somewhere between the green bean row & soybeans it popped! Yup - - just like that I had my new blog title;
Many of you gave it your best effort & there were some that I considered for a moment - something about the goat being on the front porch? Thanks LA! J But nothing felt quite right. And while neglecting or evading a duty can be catchy (and sometimes welcomed in this mommas home!) it centrally doesn’t describe my personality. I’ll just keep it as my last name & Y it!!
Hubby started our blog last summer for our trip to Europe as a means for family & friends to follow our travels. Who knew almost a year later that I would be hooked & my circle of friends would reach across the states!!!
Last evening while working in my garden, the creative brain juices were stirring as I was desperately trying to come up with a catchy little blog title. Somewhere between the green bean row & soybeans it popped! Yup - - just like that I had my new blog title;
the view from my window.
What as the inspiration? The windows on my home.
Everyday I invite you stop by my blog and catch a small glimpse of our family, just as you catch a glimpse of a scene when looking through any window. Some windows are harder to see through as they are obstructed with sheers or curtains while others can give a clear, pure picture with nothing hiding them. It just depends on the personality of the person living in that particular home and of course your location!!
Our closest neighbor is 200 yards from us, there are trees between the proprieties and neither of us has windows on the side of our homes that face each other. You also can’t see our home from the road and it’s surrounded by woods and brush. So my windows are not covered, they are very exposed and open. In case you were wondering ALL bedroom windows are covered however! I’m not comfortable with THAT much exposure J and the kiddos wanted their bedrooms dark so they could sleep in.
Not all windows can offer a clear, happy go lucky view all the time. It really depends on the weather and how dirty they might be. So neither can my blog. It’s about our family, our struggles, milestones, tears, joys, our vacations and our life. Sometimes it’s sunny & bright, other times it’s cloudy & dirty.
So I welcome you to come on in, sit for a while and enjoy
the view from my window.
What as the inspiration? The windows on my home.
Everyday I invite you stop by my blog and catch a small glimpse of our family, just as you catch a glimpse of a scene when looking through any window. Some windows are harder to see through as they are obstructed with sheers or curtains while others can give a clear, pure picture with nothing hiding them. It just depends on the personality of the person living in that particular home and of course your location!!
Our closest neighbor is 200 yards from us, there are trees between the proprieties and neither of us has windows on the side of our homes that face each other. You also can’t see our home from the road and it’s surrounded by woods and brush. So my windows are not covered, they are very exposed and open. In case you were wondering ALL bedroom windows are covered however! I’m not comfortable with THAT much exposure J and the kiddos wanted their bedrooms dark so they could sleep in.
Not all windows can offer a clear, happy go lucky view all the time. It really depends on the weather and how dirty they might be. So neither can my blog. It’s about our family, our struggles, milestones, tears, joys, our vacations and our life. Sometimes it’s sunny & bright, other times it’s cloudy & dirty.
So I welcome you to come on in, sit for a while and enjoy
the view from my window.

6 comments:
i am such a dork. i've been missing your blog and was boo hooing cuz i don't have my computer w/all my google reader stuff,,,,excuses, excuses...anyways, found you and ahhh...could just camp out in front of that gorgeous big window. love the new title. very fitting!
nice !
And proud that I was the first to notice !! (see comments on previous post !)
Perfect! I love the title, the thought behind it and the window is beautiful!
Beautiful picture of your window. I love how big and open it seems! And your new look and name is great...and I agree too that it fits:)
Yeah, not sure where the goat came from - LOL!!!
Your window is beautiful and I think it is an awesome blog title!!
love the window and the new title. i am not sure why i havent been getting your updates ??? i will go check it out.
Post a Comment