You know that feeling you get when you realize “Wow I got more than what I was expecting!”
In a good & positive way not an overwhelming feeling.
Like ordering a regular size ice cream cone and noticing that your “regular” cone is the SAME size as hubby’s “large” cone. Hehe :-)
Or you walk out of the grocery store saving $30 by using coupons and you have a trunk load of food to show for it – score!!
Or we WERE only planning to have “x” amount of children, but finding out another child is on the way is exciting too (after the initial shock wore off I’m sure). I CAN’T speak from experience on this one and I’m NOT announcing anything – mom, I’m just giving some examples of the “nice, extra” feeling.
So last night Nichole & I are tending to my brood of chicks and hubby walks over and very confidently says, “You know you have 16 chicks not 15.”
I offer a giddy laugh like, yeah right and follow that by, “You know I thought the same thing yesterday when I was trying to counting them. They just move so fast that it’s hard not to count a chick twice. See?” and I proceed to take the chicks out 2 at a time while counting out loud.
So I have 8 chicks in a different box and hubby says, “Now stop and count how many chicks are left in that box.”
So I do and I hesitate at number 7 because I realize that there is still 1 chick left in the box. I look at hubby and give him a sheepish grin as I begin counting all over again.
In a good & positive way not an overwhelming feeling.
Like ordering a regular size ice cream cone and noticing that your “regular” cone is the SAME size as hubby’s “large” cone. Hehe :-)
Or you walk out of the grocery store saving $30 by using coupons and you have a trunk load of food to show for it – score!!
Or we WERE only planning to have “x” amount of children, but finding out another child is on the way is exciting too (after the initial shock wore off I’m sure). I CAN’T speak from experience on this one and I’m NOT announcing anything – mom, I’m just giving some examples of the “nice, extra” feeling.
So last night Nichole & I are tending to my brood of chicks and hubby walks over and very confidently says, “You know you have 16 chicks not 15.”
I offer a giddy laugh like, yeah right and follow that by, “You know I thought the same thing yesterday when I was trying to counting them. They just move so fast that it’s hard not to count a chick twice. See?” and I proceed to take the chicks out 2 at a time while counting out loud.
So I have 8 chicks in a different box and hubby says, “Now stop and count how many chicks are left in that box.”
So I do and I hesitate at number 7 because I realize that there is still 1 chick left in the box. I look at hubby and give him a sheepish grin as I begin counting all over again.
And sure enough, I come up 16 again.
So today I’m learning the one extra is “nice” too. ;-D
************************************************
Wednesday, Day 161: Our field trip today is to Th.e Ge.neral Su.tter I.nn. It offers lodging & dining in the heart historical Lit.itz.
There is a large patio that is enjoyed by visitors & locals when the weather allows.




3 comments:
Nice bonus - but if you want to announce another type of bonus, I would love that too!
I think your town would be a great place to visit. You are doing a nice job of promoting tourism!
that is too funny that you didn't notice until today that there was an extra chick.hehe...still enjoying the tour! you live in a neat place.
Oh my goodness!!! I came back for another visit after you left me another comment, and I decided to skim a bit more. You are from Lit.itz?!?!? I think I told you I grew up in Man.heim....and we will probably move back to Lanc county some day.
You're officially in my google reader. ;o)
Post a Comment