Jun 8, 2009

Local produce, worship & insurance

Saturday, Day 157: Hubby & I rose at 7 am & with our beloved coffee in hand we walked to the farmer’s market. The market features a full variety of locally produced products sold by the farmers in a festive setting. Live music, children's activities, Chef Demonstrations and a community interest table make the Market a family friendly way to spend a Saturday morning. The farmers bring fresh vegetables, fruits, baked goods, dairy, meats, eggs, jellies, flowers, plants and much more. Shoppers can leave the Market with everything needed for a special Saturday night dinner or just a week of delicious food.

Guess we were too early (7:30 a.m.). May stand holders were only starting to set up. Good to know that I can sleep in a little longer on Saturday’s J

Sunday, Day 158: This is the L.itiz M.oravian C.hurch located next to Lin.den Ha.ll.


Monday, Day 159: This one’s for you hubby ;-D Our little town also is home to the Li.titz Mu.tual In.surance Co. which is located next right to the park. On a nice week day, many employees can be found walking or enjoying their lunch the park.




Beep .. beep.. beep. We interrupt this field trip to bring you this local breaking news.

It appears that a brown box covered in many air holes was delivered to the Lit.itz post office sometime this weekend. One postal worker had this to say, “I was just doing my job by filing the mail according to address just like any other day and a this box just began cheeping!”

It seems that a local resident ordered 15 baby chicks and today was their delivery day. After contacting the new owner of the brood, she stated that all 15 chicks are healthy, eating & drinking well and happy to be able to run free!

Yup . . I got my chicks today . . . all 15 of them! Not what I was thinking when I went to order JUST 8, but was informed later that the minimum order required 15. So I order 15 and got 15 and all 15 are doing well. So in about 9 months or more I will be well supplied with EGGS!!!


5 comments:

Darla said...

those chicks are adorable! can't wait to see pictures of your eggs and watch these babies grow. and the cool field trip of course i always love. :D

Mari said...

You have such beautiful buildings in your town. And the chicks are cute!

Joëlle said...

sooo cute !
I love the buildings too.
Lititz is such a nice little town ! We are looking foreward to our next trip (2011 probably, for our 15th anniversary !???)

Joëlle said...

thanks Renee for your comment on our Blog. Seems that the translation works well ?!
Marc will leave Chicago on thursday and land in Strasbourg (via Paris) on friday.
THanks for adding him to your prayer list !

Bret said...

That's great that you're able to walk to the farmer's market! I'm excited that we just moved two blocks from the Eastern Market in Lancaster; I think we will be frequent visitors. And I admire your effort in doing the 365 Project- I fizzle out so quickly when it comes to things like this.