May 28, 2009

Playing "Catch-up"

How does a week slip by so quickly? I've been playing "catch-up" since Monday (we were away for the long weekend) and I think I'm FINALLY caught-up. So here is our week starting with today and going back to Saturday.

Thursday, Day 148: These and many more pesky groundhogs have been DEVOURING my garden for that past weeks and they have has quite a feast! There is NOTHING that they DON'T like!!!! Why can't they be more like my kiddos; picky eaters?


Well I've had enough!!!! I'm giving this stuff a try. It's organic and won't hurt the animals, just irritate them when they touch or taste the product. Just a little taste of their own medicine; I've been irritated with them for months!!! I'll let you know if it works!? I will be planting MORE beans today. Out of the 25 that were planted weeks ago, 14 have survived the buffet - so far.
Wednesday, Day 147: This is my clematis growing in my front flowerbed. Our house is not visible from the road, so others don't get to enjoy it. We have not been having GREAT weather this week, it's been cloudy and overcast so the color is not as vibrant as I would have liked but you get the idea.


Tuesday, Day 146: I needed to take a picture of my peony before the rain knocked all the flower petals off. I love the way they smell and how they look so bright at dusk.


Monday, Day 145: After an enjoyable weekend of camping with my family, we joined hubby's family to celebrate his mothers 81st birthday! We enjoyed gooey chocolate brownies, ice cream and fresh strawberries from her garden.


This was our first camp outing with our camper for the year. So I needed to snap a picture.


Sunday, Day 144: Before heading to the pool, we tossed water balloons. Some of us (pappy) look wetter than others. Humm - was that planned? ;-D I needed to add a balloon, the one in the picture didn't show up very well.


Saturday, Day 143: In the morning, the camp ground held a carnival. There were games, prizes and food! Mom couldn't help herself, she felt the need to "work"! hehe ;-)


The the kiddos, my sister-in-law and myself headed to the pool Saturday afternoon. They have this fun slide that the kiddos love. Nichole is in the blue tube (at the top in the clear bubble) watching as Tyler hits the water. They were trying to time it just right to have them both hit the water at the same time. They worked for a while and finally perfected it. If you were in the blue tube, you needed to leave 5 seconds AFTER the person in the red tube. They had a blast and as you can see the pool wasn't full. Why? The water temp was 69 degrees!!! But the kiddos didn't seem to mind.


4 comments:

Joƫlle said...

your clematis is absolutely wonderful ! I should grow one too...

Shelby-Grace said...

Looks like you have been busy and having a lot of fun! Love you flowers. I am a "black thumb" when it comes to growing anything, so I love to see flowers that are alive and so beautiful!!

Mari said...

What a beautiful clematis and peony. Our peony is about to open. Hope those pesky groundhogs stay away now!

Growin' With It said...

would you believe i've never seen a groundhog? i'd say you're lucky, but somehow i don't think you'd see it that way! that photo of your MIL is so sweet. she looks so happy. and your flowers, camping, etc....make me jealous!! ☺