I'm back - hope I didn't loose anyone. My tall, dark and handsome “knight in computer knowledge” came to my rescue! Hubby clean-up my hard drive last night and now I have more disk space – yippee J Thanks honey – luv u!
A few years ago, my hubby’s sisters began a tradition that when one of the girls (in-laws too) turned 50 years “young”, we would gather for a ladies weekend and celebrate this milestone. So this past weekend I enjoyed a little R & R with tons of sunshine and warm weather with my sister-in-laws in VA just a block from the beach! Oh what delightful weather (85 – 90 degrees, sunny with a gently breeze) we were able to soak up.
Friday, May 1: After traveling 7 1/2 hours we finally arrived at our beach house, A Duc.k's Tail.
A few years ago, my hubby’s sisters began a tradition that when one of the girls (in-laws too) turned 50 years “young”, we would gather for a ladies weekend and celebrate this milestone. So this past weekend I enjoyed a little R & R with tons of sunshine and warm weather with my sister-in-laws in VA just a block from the beach! Oh what delightful weather (85 – 90 degrees, sunny with a gently breeze) we were able to soak up.
Friday, May 1: After traveling 7 1/2 hours we finally arrived at our beach house, A Duc.k's Tail.
Once everyone arrives and gets settled, some head off to the grocery store for food and 10 pints of B.en & J.erry’s ice cream! Yes you read right, we all place our order for our own pint of ice cream then we eat from it WHEN EVER WE WANT TO!! This was a tradition that started at the very first gathering and can NOT be missed!

Mother (Phil’s mom) provides homemade chicken corn soup for supper then we dig into the games (mostly Sc.rabble and Do.minoes) and our pints of ice cream! But we pace ourselves with our pints – it needs to last us all weekend!
Saturday, May 2: It is a very laid back weekend with no schedule. We come and go as we please, without having to tell anyone where or when we will be back. Some enjoy shopping at local stores in the area, the sun (some got more than others!), games, reading books, ice cream, walks along the beach and just reconnecting with each other. For me it is such a free feeling and a nice change from my everyday “mom responsibilities” at home.
Another tradition is the birthday meal on Saturday evening. This time we enjoyed an evening of fondue! We began with a yummy cranberry walnut salad, bread, snow peas, broccoli & cheese fondue.
Saturday, May 2: It is a very laid back weekend with no schedule. We come and go as we please, without having to tell anyone where or when we will be back. Some enjoy shopping at local stores in the area, the sun (some got more than others!), games, reading books, ice cream, walks along the beach and just reconnecting with each other. For me it is such a free feeling and a nice change from my everyday “mom responsibilities” at home.
Another tradition is the birthday meal on Saturday evening. This time we enjoyed an evening of fondue! We began with a yummy cranberry walnut salad, bread, snow peas, broccoli & cheese fondue.

Our meat course included chicken, shrimp & veggies cooked in broth instead of oil. And what fondue meal wouldn’t be complete without CHOCOLATE! We dipped strawberries, pineapples, dried apricots, apples and angle food cake until to pot was cleaned out. Actually I think I got to lick the pot clean. :-) yummo!!!
Sunday, May 3: With long nights, sleeping in, wonderful food, endless games of Sc.rabble and great fellowship time, the weekend goes by to quickly and all too soon it’s time to say our goodbyes. But not without a group photo!

Thanks sister’s for a fantastic weekend!
Some back round information on hubby’s family: he is the youngest of 9 children. 5 different states (WI, PA, NY, OH, IN) and 1 country (UK until 2010 then back home to CO) separates us. So when there’s an opportunity to get together, we jump on it!
5 comments:
how fun is that! i was envious just thinking about having nothing on the agenda except 'whatever' hehe. that is absolutely wonderful! glad you shared this with us.
Oooohhh, Ben and J... I have to go down to the cellar to get MINE OWN pint (cookie dough and chocolate chips) right now ! We can find a few flavours over here, like fish food, banana errrr, something, and vanilla. No cherry :-(
It's a great idea to have a "girls" week-end, especially when everyone can be there ! I should tell them about it ! It would be quite similar !
What a great idea! I love that all those sisters gather for this. I'm the oldest in my family of 4. 2 years till I turn 50 - I better plant an idea in the others heads!
what's it take to become part of your family? cuz just the foooooood is motivation enough! loved the group photo! you all look refreshed and happy.
What a fun weekend! I think after reading this that I want to do this for my 50th ;) Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment