May 12, 2009

It's a L O N G one!

'CAUSE IT'S MY 100TH POST!!!

Okay I’ve been stalling long enough it’s time to get this blog moving again.

See today marks my 100th post and I feel this huge pressure to have something great to say and awesome to giveaway! Yikes!!!! And WOW!!! So by not posting, I could delay this milestone and just go about my days. BUT . .

By delaying this, my mind has been consumed with worry and wonder as I fretted over what to give away. It was effecting my “to do list” – I couldn’t focus! I want to give something really great but yet I wanted it to be personal and something that could be enjoyed no matter what state you might be in. And I can't possible give something away that has already been done (I don't want to be considered a “copycat”). And I must say you all have been VERY generous and creative with your giveaways which has made this so difficult!

My blog began last summer, (June 08) as a way for family & friends to follow our family travels through London & Europe. A year later, I’m hooked and still have so much to say & photos to share with you all – who would have guessed!?! I’ve also learned so much and have been encouraged to keep working on the hard stuff, stretched in areas I didn’t want to be stretched in, learned that “I’m not the only one” who has felt this or that, have been lifted-up in prayers, how to survive life’s little/big detours, received and have made some REALLY tasty food, cried & laughed and lets not forget all the places I have seen, homes I have visited and families I have met without ever having to leave the comfort of my home. Thanks!!!

Drum roll please . . . . .

As a thanks for following (listening or putting up with my blabbering), I’d like to offer a $10.00 gift card to B.arns & N.oble to one lucky person! BUT you have to work for it. I know – I’m such a stinker ;-D

Leave me comment and tell me at least one thing you have enjoyed about my blog and your name will be entered into the drawing.

What to double your chances at winning? Send one new blogger my way, ask them to let me know you sent them and your name will be entered again.

What to triple your changes? I’m thinking it’s time for a title change. Shirk family travels has served us well but I’m looking for something more catchy, creative and personal. It’s still about my everyday “mom” tasks/struggles/duties, family activities/dynamics and life in general. So give it your best shot and leave me a suggestion in the comments and your name will be entered again.

So you could have 3x’s the luck!
I'll pick the winner Friday at noon!

Since I’m new (can I still be “new” if it’s almost a year old?) or lacking in blog etiquette & knowledge of how all these fancy thingies work, I’m doing it the old fashion way – by the fishbowl pull.

Now to catch-up on my Project 365:


Thursday, May 7: Future soccer player! This is one of Nichole's team mates baby sister. She was just walking around kicking that big-ol soccer ball like it was nothin'! Too cute :-)

Saturday, May 9: One of the doc's where my mom works was giving 30 minute airplane rides on Saturday. No I'm not a HUGE fan of flying especially when the plane only holds 6 people! But it was so much fun once we got up in the air and began looking all around. We were able to spot many landmarks in our town.

Hubby got to try out his flying skills too! Glad I only realized this with 5 minutes left of the ride!! He informed me later that he flew the plane the whole way back to the airport.

My family celebrated Mother's day Saturday evening and guess what we did?

I still had all the fondue pots so I put them to use again! Some had fun with it, others thought it took WAY TO LONG to wait on your food. (No my brother and his wife are not getting sick - they are chewing at the same time. Sorry guys - it's hard to get a candid photo when people are eating.

I think tha's it . . . for now. I warned you at the beginning it was a long one ;-)

8 comments:

Joëlle said...

Too bad B&N doesn't exist here ;-)
Congratulations for your 100th !! please, continue...
I wondered if it was worth to continue my blog a few months ago, as you did. Thank you for passing by, sometimes, and for leaving comments. I enjoy them as I enjoy your blog too !
I Will come back later to read more comments. I hope you'll have A LOT !

Wish you many new readers !

LaVonne said...

Congratulations on another milestone. I love reading your blog, even though I'm your Mother! It's interesting to see your thoughts on "paper". Keep writing.

Momma Roar said...

100 posts!! YAY!!!

Do I get an extra entry for introducing you to this crazy world?!?! HAHA

Let's see a new name...
"Not trying to shirk responsibility, but every mom needs a break"

"My Everyday"

"On the go"

"It's a good day when the goat's not on the front porch" LOL

I wish you many more posts and new friends in the process!!

Mari said...

This is exciting! I've enjoyed your blog because of the positive attitude I see whenever I come here. I have enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures of your family.
I'm not so great at thinking up names, but here's my entry-
Our Family - not shirking life!

Growin' With It said...

are you serious.....i TOTALLY missed your 100th post/giveaway. oh i am so bummed. is there a consolation prize? congrats sweet bloggy friend!

Shelby-Grace said...

How exciting that it's your 100th post! I need to go back and look at your archives and see the pictures of London! I would love to go there some day!

I like seeing your pictures. I like taking pictures and I enjoy coming to other blogs that do too!

I'm looking forward to reading many more posts! Have a great week:)

Joëlle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joëlle said...

last comment was from me; but I noticed some mistakes so had to delete it !
It's looking like you were busy these last days ?!
You didn't post for a few days... miss you ;-)