May 20, 2009


Thursday, Day 139: Yep . . I spent the morning in the dentist chair. Nothing major, just my regular check-up. I got a good report, everything looks great, just keep doing what you’re doing after . . .

- arriving 10 minutes BEFORE my scheduled 11 a.m. appointment


- At 11:20 a.m. I’m STILL paging through the magazines in the waiting room while sneezing, wheezing & blowing my nose. I’m sure it’s from the candle they have burning in the office.


- 11:30 a.m., my name is FINALLY called only to realize I got the hygienist I DIDN’T want!


- Walk in her room and see little bite plates (film for taking e-rays) lying on her table. Bet they’re for me. Figures. I have 3 ulcers in my mouth today – ouch!!


- After HER chatting 15 minutes about the frost last night and how her husband forgot to cover her plants we begin the x-rays of my mouth. WOW – did that hurt! Not the x-ray; the bit plates that were resting on my ulcers.


- She finishes up with the x-rays and prepares to begin my cleaning but NOT before she tells me how much she likes the chef that is currently on the F.ood N.etwork Channel that she has turned the TV to saying I would probably enjoy that better than the current show that was on. It’s now 11:50 a.m. and I have things to do!!!


- Why do hygienist’s talk & ask you questions while they have their ENTIRE fist in your mouth? Guess it’s kind of like the waitress that asks how everything is after you have JUST filled your mouth.


- While the cooking show is wonderful, the growling stomach from the hygienist is not. It’s RIGHT next to my ear! Maybe that will move this cleaning along faster!


- After being poked, pulled & polished it’s like she realized what time it was and began the final step; flossing. This doesn’t go well either due to the tightness of my teeth. While she is trying to slide the floss between my teeth, her hand slips and whacks the top of my mouth. She apologizes and states that she’s not going to force it, it’s glide floss and if it’s not gliding she’s done.


- THANK GOODNESS!!!!!


- AFTER scheduling my next cleaning WITH a different hygienist, I walk out of the office @ 12:34 p.m. with a throbbing mouth and an irritated spirit.

Glad I have 6 months to recover! :-/

3 comments:

Mari said...

That is really frustrating - both the long time you had to spend there and the constant talking!

Joƫlle said...

Uh. I hate that too...

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

Do they teach them to do all that talking I wonder because ours in Harper talked non stop. I hated it.