May 22, 2009

Breakaway or shall I say: Break Away!

Don't have a lot of time today; need to get the camper packed for our BIG weekend! But I wanted to post the photos from this week. So here the rest of our week in a "nutshell"! :-)

Friday, May 22: Today was "Morning with Mom" at school. You bring your kiddos in early and enjoy donuts, juice, coffee & other moms. Tyler wasn't interested in attending, just another sing that he's moving on and ready to leave elementary school. Boohoo. And just for the record, Yes I had a donut. I ate it REALLY fast! It was SO fresh & GOOD! FYI: I went for a 30 minute power walk after I left school LOL ;-D


Thursday, May 21: Both kiddos were involved in the Band concert. Nichole is in beginner band and they played first. They sounded great for it being their first year! This isn't the best picture of here, we were stuck in the middle of the row & I didn't want to disturb the other guests by asking to be let out just to take a photo. Note to self: just do it next time!!




This is Tyler's last year in Elementary band & sadly he has expressed that he has NO interest in playing in Jr. High band. It makes me sad as he was a very good player, he just doesn't like to practice. In the fall he was chosen by his band & music directors to attend the PMEA* (P*ennsylvina Music Ed*ucators Association). He was the only one from his school. Here he is receiving his certificate for being a part of The PMEA* District Band. Again, sorry for the bad photo. :-(


Wednesday, May 20: I knew they fly in a "V", but who knew that they walked in a "V" too! What else do they do in a "V"?

So I'm off to make some memories with the family this weekend. Wishing you all a wonder holiday weekend! Can't wait to see photos on Tues of every ones activities!!

6 comments:

Joƫlle said...

have a lot of fun !
We will cetainly have fun too... eager to see what this week-end will look like.
Too bad Tyler doesn't want to continue...

Darla said...

i think we are all doing the same stuff this week, awards ceremonies and band concerts. fun fun. i think you got great shots, its really hard to even get one at all at a band concert.

Mari said...

Congrats to Tyler - maybe he'll reconsider after some time off. I love the geese picture! Have a great time this weekend.

Growin' With It said...

the geese are hilarious! who knew?! my oldest has declared he wants to learn to play the violin. wowzers. but sounds like a great time to learn when they're young. hope your weekend was marvelous!

Shelby-Grace said...

I enjoyed my time in band. I played the saxophone. I loved it! I never practiced as much as I should have either, but now I wish I had!

Hope you and your family have a great weekend:)

Momma Roar said...

Want me to send Trav over to take care of those critters? Although, you may not be happy with his method!! :-D