May 17, 2009

A Winner & 1 Demanding week

It’s a good thing that I can’t get fired for not blogging. But I do run the risk of loosing my followers. SO I better get a move on!

Thank you for all the encouraging words and title suggestions last week. This is just one of the thousands of reason I’m hooked on blogging. It’s good to hear positive words every now & then. There were a few titles I really like but they feel too long or wordy so I will have to ponder over them this week to see how I can shorten them. I REALLY liked that you all tried to use my last name in the title.

Since I’m “blog-o-land illiterate” I’ve chosen the old-fashioned way to pulling a winner for the $10 gift card to B.arnes & N.obel Booksellers. Funny story: while driving past B&N on Monday afternoon I realized that I totally spelled the name wrong – opps. Sorry, I’m not the world’s best speller and hope B&N didn’t notice.

So CONGRATULATIONS to Mari @ mari365days.blogspot.com/! Please email me your address so I can mail you your gift card. Happy spending ;-D I wish I could send something to all of you for your effort, but I can’t. Maybe I’ll do some more giveaways over the summer. Guess you’ll just have to keep checking in!

One reminder that school is soon out and summer is one its way is our annual camping weekend over the Memorial Day holiday. And guess what? It’s this weekend and I’m SO not even close to being ready!!!! Seriously – is it early this year or am I just loosing all sense of time??

My “to do list” is WAY overloaded this week BUT I will work hard because at the very end is a restful, relaxing 4 day holiday weekend enjoying family and nature! So my theme song this week it from the movie "Ma.dagascar" I like to move it - move it! And so I will ;-D

************************************************************

Project 365 from last week, May 10th - 16th



Sunday, May 10th: For Mother's Day I got a Dwarf Peach tree & a Lilac bush from hubby! A few years ago we decided that on special events (birthday's, anniversaries, mother's day, father's day) we would choose a tree or shrub as a gift and it has been so much fun! Not to mention we are slowly adding landscaping to our property.

Thursday, May 14th: I enjoyed a Spring Gala Luncheon hosted by a non-profit organization that equips Christians across the country to exemplify Christ's love through a life-changing mentoring ministry with homeless single mothers and their children. It was held in the Palm Court at a beautiful resort. Yes you are seeing large palm trees growing indoors!

Friday, May 15th: You know you live out in the country when your garden is covered in cages to protect your hard labor!! The lettuce to the left of the picture was eaten a few weeks ago & is just starting to come back. I had to replace some cauliflower & broccoli plants & my peas have a fence on both sides. One for them to grow up onto & one to keep the critters from eating them!!!!
Saturday, May 16th: It was time to add some color to the front flowerbeds. I took Nichole with me to pick the flowers and she choose a color plat of pinks. But when it came time to plant them - she was no were to be found ;-/

5 comments:

Joëlle said...

My children immediately knew that song ;-)
Enjoy your looooong week-end (and even the time you need to prepare it).

Joëlle said...

I forgot... congratulations to Mari !
Have fun finding your new title.

Mari said...

How exciting! Thanks so much. I love Barnes and Noble. Can you send your e-mail address to me at bobmarib@hotmail.com? Then I'll send back my snail mail address.
My hubby and I have given each other trees and bushes too - it's such a nice gift that you can enjoy every year! That lilac you got has beautiful color!

Mari said...

I forgot - in response to your comment, I do take my camera everywhere. I found that if I don't take it along on my walks, some critter comes along or the kighting is perfect and I miss the shot. I bought a small digital that I can carry in my purse so I have it on the road or wherever. I have embarassed my family at times, but I tell them it has to be done for the blog!

Darla said...

looks like you are quite the gardener, thanks for making me feel bad, jk, no really i do. i don't have any garndening skills. i think it's wonderful though that some of you do and i'm excited to watch your gardens grow via blogland. hope the weekend you are planning for is fantabulous!