Wednesday, Day 119: Ahh. My first cutting of fresh meadow tea is steeping on the stove as I type. So I want to know, do you like meadow tea? Yes or no?

************************************************
Tuesday, Day 118: Yesterday I headed to the garden early (7:30 am) before it got to hot. There is just something so pleasurable about a neatly manicured garden. To bad it won't last long :-( I enjoy planting & harvesting but oh the weeds - they so not fun!!!!
So far I have planted tomatoes & peppers (light blue bags in the lower left corner), lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and string beans (center of picture) , peas just starting to poke through the ground (pea fence), strawberries & black raspberries (top right corner) and more lettuce, carrots, red beats, onions, radish and cucumbers in the raised bed (lower right corner). It needs to warm up a bit more for the Lima beans, soybeans and corn.
And after a long, hard day in the garden (5 hours - not that I was counting!) - I think it's only fair to pamper one's self. Too bad the only bag below for me is the one from Ya.nkee Ca.ndle. And it's not even a candle, it's a plug-in refill and car smellies (you know the ones you hang from the rear view mirror). It's amazing to me how much the kiddos have grown. They have been after me for weeks to take them shopping. So yesterday I did. BOY did we ever! But they should be good for a while. At least 4 months - ugh!
Renee
4 comments:
i am impressed with your garden! and that shopping trip looks oh so familiar, with 3 teenagers now, we shop till we drop (when we get the time to)
Love your garden !
Our garden is nearly empty up to now. Usually we have to wait until may before planting anything. I'll get my traditionnal "alsacian geraniums" (pelargoniums) tomorrow evening ! First step.
And oh yes, we had our first meadow tea 2 days ago !!
Yesterday evening we came home around 9:00 PM after shopping all day ! ;-)
I've never heard of meadow tea. Your garden looks great!
okay, give it up...you really are MARTHA STEWART writing these posts and you use the ol' "renee" photo and name as a cover, right?
Post a Comment