Apr 27, 2009

Shorter weekends?

When the kiddos were tiny tots, our weekends were spent at home, around our home or in our home. We were homebodies and did things at home.
But lately our home has felt more like a drive-thru diner or a Bed & Brek.fast as we rush here and then hurry over there only to hustle back to now.
To an onlooker, or even my faithful readers, we may appear hurried and rushed as we jump from one kiddos activity to another while still juggling our own personal agendas as parents. Some may even think that we try to do way to much and need to limit our activities. And honestly some days I truly question why we schedule our social calendar so full when it just adds stress to my life.
But at the end of a long weary day or weekend - when I'm downloading photos and I see the smiles on my kiddos faces, the frazzled and hurried moments are well worth it! Thank you God that I'm able to cherish these moments with my kids!!

Sunday, day 116: Well the War.wick Phil.lies did it again! We'll soon have to build a room just to hold all of Tyler's trophies if they keep this up.

Sunday lunch was enjoyed on our deck. It's the first of the season with many more to follow!
*********************************************
Friday, day 114: Nichole sang Ta.ylor Sw.ift's "Wh.ite Ho.res" in the school's talent show Friday night. We are extremely proud of her as she chooses to sing alone. Most of the children preform with a buddy, it's easier and more comfortable, but she just gets up there and does her thing!
If you have sound I have the song (Ta.ylor's singing - not Nichole) playing in the background. I don't have an ear for music (can't read it or play an instrument to save my life BUT love to listen!) but we have been told that Nichole has a beautiful voice and we should continue to encourage her to use it.

Renee

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

you have THE BEST perspective renee! i grin too looking at your week in pictures!

Joƫlle said...

Wow Nichole ! great ! Wish I could have been there.
Tyler, your team does a great season, wish you the best for the next games !

great week !

Mari said...

Nice job Nichole! I wouldn't dare to do it alone. Good job to Tyler too. Your family had a good week!