day 61: Monday, March 2 the morning began with a 2 hour school delay. This was my kiddos reaction an hour later when I told them, "school is now closed."
This is the cabin we stayed in and the creek that flows behind it.
Saturday afternoon we pulled out the 4-wheelers and the kiddos had a BLAST! Nichole was very excited because this year we let her ride all by herself.
Who needs a swing-set when you got hay bales! The kiddos spent hours playing tag in them.
Thanks for the memories small group!!!____________________________________________
dad: "Sissy. What are you doing?"
me: "Well I'm getting the kiddos of to school and packing to go away for the weekend. What are you doing?"
dad: "Painting."
me: "What are you painting now?"
dad: "Oh . . . the family & TV room. I thought you might want to help."
me: "I guess I could help you for a while. I'll get the kiddos on the bus and head over."
dad: "Well you don't have to bins your going away this weekend."
me: "No, you helped me with Nichole's room. I can help until noon."
dad: "Oh. Okay. I'll see you later then."
me: "Alright. I'll be over in half an hour. See ya later."
color: cowboy tan
We were finished one room in just 3 hours. If we're not careful - we might just find ourselves in a new business.
___________________________________________
day 57: Tyler after musical practice, (Pirates), for the 6th grade play. He tried out for a lead role, but settled for a prisoner's role. He only has 2 lines and he's cool with that because of all the other activities he is involved with. The musical is a pretty big commitment, 2-3 practices a week plus band and baseball will begin this week which will keep him moving almost every day.
____________________________________________
day 56: We don't usually eat out in the middle of the week, we save that for weekends, but that day I had to cater a funeral meal at our church under my new role of kitchen coordinator. After spending most of the day in a kitchen, the last thing I wanted to do was make supper. So we headed to our favorite restaurant!!


4 comments:
your dad's nicknames for you sounds so sweet and endearing! what a fun week. no school, atvs & eating out...now my kids would love to have that going on!!
the cabin and getaway looks wonderful! and i'm glad to see your son interested in plays, my kids do musicals and plays every year, btw i really like the picture you took of your son! Goood job this week!
love this post ! Uh, you know, I'm about to finish some painting projects at home... what are you about to do in the next 3 days ;) ??? LOL.
The cabin pictures make me want to go there! I like the paint color and yeah for Tyler for taking part in the musical!
Post a Comment