I mean the house felt rigid, had an “I’ve been closed up all winter with too many candles burnt to try and cover-up” kind of smell and I was tired of feeling boxed in. So I ditched the treadmill, bundled up and headed out to a walking path near our home.
Aha – what a difference a brisk-winter morning walk does for one’s mind! I heard the snow geese flying over head,
all kinds of birds joining in the “birdie choir” and the soft trickle of water from the stream that runs along the foot path.

Sometimes it’s hard for me to find God’s beauty in colors during wintertime when the paint pallet consists of browns, golds and whites. But as I walked today I took time to STOP and really tried to look beyond the color. Have you really looked, and I mean stood for 10 minutes and gazed at a frozen pond? Or noticed the pattern in the snow that was designed by the wind? Or what about that one section of snow can be totally undisturbed while the section next to it looks like there was a party going on? I visualized the color assortment of coats, hats, mittens and boots that the children wore while playing right there in that spot.
I learned today that God always provides color – no matter what the season may be. It may not always be the robust reds or vibrant yellows I wish for, but if I STOP and take a few minutes to truly seek out the color, it will be there!
Have a COLORFUL day!!!

4 comments:
I took a long walk outside too and was marveling at the same thing. The pictures almost look black and white, but there is beauty there, when you look for it!
what a great post, i think all of you guys wintery pictures have been so beautiful! i really love the birds flying overhead, great photo idea!
So very, very true.
Nice photos. :-D
you know, sadly i cannot remember the last time i have just sat purposely outside and rested my mind enough to see the beauty around me. great motivating post!!
Post a Comment