Feb 23, 2009

If you stopped by my house today -

You'd get a whiff, and maybe a taste, of this!
I Y the smell & taste of homemade bread but let's face it - it can be somewhat of a trick to get it "just right". I would say I made my fair share of yeast breads with much success however a few years ago I lost my touch in the bread making area. I couldn't get the dough to rise and when I baked it, the wonderful aroma of homemade bread filled the house, but it came out more like an oven baked brick! So I stopped and just bought it from the store. Until I saw this over at LeighAnn's site a few weeks ago and bingo! the homemade bread bug bit me. Our family is once again enjoy the taste of homemade bread. Thanks LA - this is my 3 round with the recipe and wow - it doesn't last long!
__________________________________________

This winter Nichole played indoor pick-up soccer every Sunday afternoon. She enjoyed being the "keeper".

__________________________________________

Saturday was my mother's birthday and we went out that evening and enjoyed some fabulous food. (Sorry mom, I know you won't like the pic on the blog - but you had to know there would come a day when it would happen!) Nichole always likes when the restaurants sever their root beer in the bottle. Should I be worried? I didn't want to picture this for another - oh 11 years!

________________________________________

Our Friday Night pizza. Ham & Pineapple with lots-o-cheese!

__________________________________________

Typically I go grocery shopping during the day while the kiddos are in school ( I save $ that way!) but my week did not allow for that. It's good to know that I can start as early as 7 am or as late as 11 p.m.!

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

ahh baked bread. makes you gain 5 pounds just with one wiff. then add butter and you're a gonner.

that's it...where's our bread machine?!

Mari said...

I'm coming over - homemade bread and my favorite type of pizza!

Aspiemom said...

When I saw your name I thought "They probably live in PA" and when I checked I saw I was right! We used to live in Lancaster Co. and there were lots of Shirks there.

Your bread looks very yummy! Bet your house smelled great, too!