Feb 19, 2009

I've got nothing dazzling to say .

so I'll just post my pictures for Project 365.

Day 44

The flower guy found my house on Friday morning and I was the recipient of this beautiful bouquet & balloons from my hubby. The note attached said, "I couldn't wait another day to say, I LOVE YOU!" Awe Thanks Sweetheart! :-D


Since everyone in our family seemed to be heading in different directions on the "real" Valentines Day, we enjoyed our fancy candle light dinner for 4 on Friday night. The kiddos had requested a cheese course before the meal so we began with this. Relax the stuff in the bottle is sparkling cider!


I set the table all pretty like in the formal dining room and used the "good" dishes. Something that only happens when we have guests. This was a special occasion for my sweethearts!


While we were munchin', sippin' and chattin' I was putting the finishing touches on the main course. We enjoyed tasty Chicken Marsala with saute mushrooms, oven roasted potatoes and peas.


And what fancy meal wouldn't be complete with fancy little desserts! I made chocolate covered strawberries and little pound cake bites. Yummo!!


What a fun and enjoyable evening we had! Happy Valentines Day 2009


Day 45

Saturday, Nichole and I went to a Valentine's Day rolling skating party that was being hosted by the local Christian radio station in our area. Oh momma - it's been a while since I was on skates! But I stayed on my feet :-)

Day 47


I'm still trying to pull Nichole's room together and it is a s..l..o..w process. I've been searching and searching for just the right curtains and I can't seem to find what I'm lookin' for. I know in my mind what I want them to look like I just can't seem to find a store that sells them. Bah humbug! So Monday we headed to the fabric store and "low and behold", Nichole found just the right material. Wooo Hooo! Now we are at the mercy of grandma as to when she would have time to sew them for us. The fabric is the blue & green polka-dotted. I think it will look smashing in her room!!


Day 48


As of February 1st, I became the new kitchen coordinator at our church. One of my first priorities was to "spring clean" the kitchen. All I have to say is I'm thankful my kitchen at home is not that big!

Day 49


We have children & adult programs every first & third Wednesday's at our church and last evening we had a special program of storytelling. The two gals did a fabulous job of bring folk tales to life and grabbed the attention of the young and old!


Whew! So there you have it friends, my past few days wrapped up in one. This would be a lot easier if I kept up with my blog everyday!!!

3 comments:

Mari said...

You've had a busy week. The flowers are beautiful. I love the fabric too. It will make cute curtains.

Growin' With It said...

the note on your v card was priceless. what a man. and that meal...nummy (except the peas..sorry).

i'm beginning to wonder what you "cannot" do renee. you are one gifted, humble, kind, loving and wonderful mom/wife! and i mean that with TONS of lovin'!

Darla said...

great photos, your valentine dinner looked scrumptious!