Feb 9, 2009

Weekend run down

So now that we all gained 5 lbs from Nature’s Party Cakes (my last post) LOL, I’ll bring you all up to speed with my Project 365.


Friday night Tyler (blue & yellow sweatshirt) and 2 of his buddies went to an overnight winter camp, Blizzard 56 and hubby had a meeting at church. So I planned a “spa night” for Nichole & I. Oh sweet heaven did it ever feel good. We jumped into our jammies; I lit the fireplace (well I flipped the switch), dimmed the lights, lit some candles, and then filled two big tubs with bubbly warm water for our tootsies! Then we sat back with our lemon water and watch Beethoven. It was quite fun.


Sunday afternoon, hubby worked on the chicken coop he is building for me. Yes I said chicken coop – I currently have 4 hens and 1 cool looking, but VERY territorial rooster. I’ve had them for 2 years and the hens are coming to then end of their egg laying life. So in a few weeks I will order some new chicks and then in April enjoy a new brood of chicks! It’s a fun hobby and I really enjoy it! Not to mention all the eggs I get :-D

Monday mornings I attend a Mom’s in Touch group. We all have children in the same elementary school and have committed to spend an hour in prayer for our children, their teachers & staff and the school district.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the spa night sounds so fun! What a fun thing to do.

Darla said...

i love the prayer idea, what a blessing for your kiddos! and the chickens sound like fun too :D

Just Mom said...

LOVE that spa night idea. I wonder if my son would like to try that...

Mari said...

I love your Moms in Touch picture. I've always thought that was such a great thing to do.

Growin' With It said...

pampering your daughter...*sniff* wish i could get my boys to soak their feet! oh but i don't like feet very much, so maybe they could just rub mine?! sweet man you have to build stuff for you btw!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Your family is precious. I LOVED that spa idea with your daughter. I'm gonna have to use that one myself!

Your prayer pals on Mondays just touched my heart.