Okay it’s time to get back into the swing of blogging. The weather has been a teaser around here lately, kind of reminds me of March. Extremely windy and the sun is warming things up. The kiddos want to wear shots and t-shirts, but I don’t think it’s that warm and make them change which doesn’t go over well! Just what will they do when spring really arrives?
So I’ve been a tad distracted with this warmer weather – it makes me eager to get into my garden, but first I have to plan what I’m putting in it. There are WAY too many seed catalogs lying around here and oh my, the choices have my head spinning! I think I’m going to keep it simple – salad ingredients, peas, green beans, and I think I’ll try corn again. The pesky little groundhogs will love me! Guess that's just part of farmin'.

Yesterday both Tyler and Nichole's classes had Valentine's parties. Tyler had decided in the beggining of the week that he didn't want to give anything, (guess that's part of being 12 and a boy) but at 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night (yep - at bedtime) he wanted to "do something". Lucky for him, or call it a "mom's intuition", the day before I was at Cost.cos and had bought a tub of Twi.zzler Twi.sts. So he attached a tag that said, "Dont' get all twisted up for Valentine's Day." And Nichole handed out iLoves. We took a pack of gum , wrapped it in colored paper and attached a "screen" that listed Valentine's songs and a volumn button. She couldn't wait to give them to her friends.
Wednesday was my errand day and can you guess where I ended up? I like this store for stocking up on household stuff like paper towels, laundry soap, toilet paper, shampoo and stuff like that. I don't very often purchase food items as they are in LARGE quantites and tend to spoil before we can eat it all. Although it has come in handy when I do my meal swaps. I can buy a ton of food supplies to make my meals!

And here are my girls and their "bo" I talked about on Monday. They are SO spoiled! In the summer I plant enough lettuce & tomatoes to share with them and if their lucky they might even get some raspberries! Over the winter they get our bread "heals or ends" that nobodys wants to eat and cracked corn. This packs on the "fat" to help keep them warmer. Honestly when I grow up, I think I want to be a farmgirl. ;-) LOL
Tonight we will celebrate Valentine's Day as a family, Saturdays we all kind of end up in different palces thanks to activites. I started this tradition 4 years ago when the kiddos were getting old enough to understand it but were still too young to take to them to a fancy schmancy resturant. We eat in the formal diningroom with the good dishes, I make a fancy meal complete with a tasty dessert. They really seem to enjoy it and I makes my heart happy to spend an evening with all the Ones I Love!
Happy Heart Day!! Y
So I’ve been a tad distracted with this warmer weather – it makes me eager to get into my garden, but first I have to plan what I’m putting in it. There are WAY too many seed catalogs lying around here and oh my, the choices have my head spinning! I think I’m going to keep it simple – salad ingredients, peas, green beans, and I think I’ll try corn again. The pesky little groundhogs will love me! Guess that's just part of farmin'.
***************************************
Project 365

Yesterday both Tyler and Nichole's classes had Valentine's parties. Tyler had decided in the beggining of the week that he didn't want to give anything, (guess that's part of being 12 and a boy) but at 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night (yep - at bedtime) he wanted to "do something". Lucky for him, or call it a "mom's intuition", the day before I was at Cost.cos and had bought a tub of Twi.zzler Twi.sts. So he attached a tag that said, "Dont' get all twisted up for Valentine's Day." And Nichole handed out iLoves. We took a pack of gum , wrapped it in colored paper and attached a "screen" that listed Valentine's songs and a volumn button. She couldn't wait to give them to her friends.
Wednesday was my errand day and can you guess where I ended up? I like this store for stocking up on household stuff like paper towels, laundry soap, toilet paper, shampoo and stuff like that. I don't very often purchase food items as they are in LARGE quantites and tend to spoil before we can eat it all. Although it has come in handy when I do my meal swaps. I can buy a ton of food supplies to make my meals!
And here are my girls and their "bo" I talked about on Monday. They are SO spoiled! In the summer I plant enough lettuce & tomatoes to share with them and if their lucky they might even get some raspberries! Over the winter they get our bread "heals or ends" that nobodys wants to eat and cracked corn. This packs on the "fat" to help keep them warmer. Honestly when I grow up, I think I want to be a farmgirl. ;-) LOL
Tonight we will celebrate Valentine's Day as a family, Saturdays we all kind of end up in different palces thanks to activites. I started this tradition 4 years ago when the kiddos were getting old enough to understand it but were still too young to take to them to a fancy schmancy resturant. We eat in the formal diningroom with the good dishes, I make a fancy meal complete with a tasty dessert. They really seem to enjoy it and I makes my heart happy to spend an evening with all the Ones I Love!
Happy Heart Day!! Y

2 comments:
okay, we just had the same thing unfold in this house last night & this morning. and my son just turned 10. so why is it as a mom we DON'T want them interested in girls yet, but DO want them to participate in valentines day. we went thru 2 boxes...yes 2 of valentines and he ended up making his own on the computer. certain words CANNOT be used for girls at this age i have gathered. ugg.
well, you just sound more and more like an incredible wife, mom and wo-man! nice fancy dinner at home, valentine gifts so creatively done and then there's the chickens. you inspire me!
I love your Valentines day tradition. I wish I had thought to do something like that when the kids were young!
Post a Comment