Feb 3, 2009

Days gone by . .

Okay, so I'm falling behind with my Project 365 . I'm taking a photo (or more) everyday, I just can't seem to get them posted. So in a nut shell, here are days 28 - 31 to bring you up to speed.

*****************************************

Wednesday, the kiddos had a "snow-day" . It was Spirit Week at school and everyday was a different theme. Can you guess what Wednesday was? Hint: Crazy day. Had the kiddos gone to school this is how they would have walked out the door that morning (minus the bunny N is holding. No pets at school!) and I would have wished them a good day from the front porch, where no one could see me :-)














I enjoyed this scene, a beautiful sunrise over the icy landscape on Thursday!













Friday afternoon I spent the afternoon preparing for my Meal Swap. All this -










became this in just under 4 hours.








There are 5 pans (go on - count them!) of stuffed shells. Before I started, it seemed like a good idea, until I placed my one hundred and ninth shell into the last pan. If I don't see another pasta shell in a long time, it's good! I sure hope my friends enjoy 'em - 'cause it won't be a meal I do AGAIN for a swap! But my freezer is now stocked with a White Lasagna, Tater Tot casserole, Chili, Taco soup and a Bean & Past soup.


Saturday morning the door bell rang and there was a delivery for ME! It was this darling little flower arrangement from my parents for my birthday. It's a Flower Cake, how cute!!!











Saturday evening the family, (my parents, my brother & his wife, my hubby & kiddos) went to a Latin-American restaurant for my birthday celebration. I enjoyed a chicken chimichanga followed by Honey Fried Ice Cream! Yumm-o!


Yesterday I posted day 32, so you'll have to scroll down to see that day.
So I guess that's a wrap, I'm now caught up. See you tomorrow :-)

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

cute pictures, meal stuff, la ti da, oh and it was your
B
I
R
T
H
D
A
Y?
WHAT!!!!!!!? you are so humble. where's the pictures of you with your bday hat on, everyone lovin' on you, etc?

happy birthday renee. looks like it was a great one!

Momma Roar said...

Guess what I'm making for supper? Shells - and I think making one batch is enough - you must have been so relieved to have finished that!

I'm still mulling the meal swap around in my mind, just need to send out some emails!!

Mari said...

I do some freezer meals to stock up and i was sick of stuffing shells after doing 2 pans. I can't imagine 5! At least your freezer is stocked again. I love the cake from your parents!