Jan 1, 2009

2009 Challenge

Candy (over here) has a fabulous idea for the new year; Project 365 that I'm going to give it my best shot to participate it.


The idea is to take a single photo every day (Jan.1 - Dec. 31 2009/365 days) that captures the days events.


"Bring Your Camera Everywhere, Yes, everywhere. Get in the habit. Grocery stores, restaurants, parties, work, and school. Going to a movie theatre? Snap a pic of the flick with your phone–there are photo-ops everywhere. If you have one of those tiny tiny cameras, you have no excuse not to have it in your pocket all the time. And if you don’t? Camera phones are a great substitute.
Perform photographic experiments. Take a photo of someone new you meet, something you ate for the first time, or something you just learned how to do. Take a photo of something that made you smile. And don’t forget to take a photo of yourself at least once a month so you can remember how you’ve changed, too. Then use your blog entry, or your photo description, to explain what’s going on in each day’s photograph. How good did that dinner taste? What made you want to take a photo of that stranger? It’ll help you remember down the road, and it gives friends following along a better appreciation of why you took the photo you did. You don’t need to write a lot, just enough to add some color." (from Candy's post)

I'm pretty excited about the whole idea and I'm up for the challenge, BUT (did you see that coming?) the idea of taking 365 photos is overwhelming, and I know I will constantly be thinking "oh is this my photo-op for today?" and totally loose track of what I"m supposed to be doing , not to mention trying to capture the days events in ONE photo seems impossible all while trying to become aquianted with my new best friend, Camera, who will be with me 24/7 seems like just one more item to add to my "To Do List".

BUT . . . I'm so in!!!!! did you see that one coming? ;-D

However I do have a few disclaimers: I will allow for a missed day or two and not beat myself up about it, I can not be held responsible for any injuries you may acquire from laughter, tears you may shed, or chiropractic services you many need for a face adjustment due confusion.

So welcome my bloggy friends to "365 days (give or take a few) in the life of the Shirks!"

Check back tomorrow to see my first photo from todays events!

No comments: