Today our first born turns 12!
I’m not sure how this can be; just this morning we were strappin’ him in his car seat to bring him home from the hospital. And I’m certain that yesterday he took his very first steps. Oh and last week he kicked his vocabulary words up a notch, and he knows every make of every truck on the road! (thanks pappy & uncle D) Last month I met with his kindergarten teacher for school conferences and I remember her congratulating me on having a first grader for the following school year. And in the time it takes you to blink, I was a chaperon for his second grade field trip. Third grade brought new sports experiences and we were running from there to here, and in a flash we were sitting in a parents meeting for the new fourth grade students who were starting to play an instrument. And independence for a fifth grader was his desire, “mom you don’t need to walk with me to the bus stop anymore.” So it just can’t be that today he woke up as a sixth grader ready to face a new day when just yesterday I picked him up out of bed and together we explored and played our day away.
T, you have and continue to be a ray of sunshine in our home and lives. God has blessed us with you and your compassionate heart, simple smile, humorous words and adventurous spirit keeps our family on the move. All these things make our days with you priceless!
We love you buddy. Happy 12th birthday!
Love, mom (for dad & N too)
I’m not sure how this can be; just this morning we were strappin’ him in his car seat to bring him home from the hospital. And I’m certain that yesterday he took his very first steps. Oh and last week he kicked his vocabulary words up a notch, and he knows every make of every truck on the road! (thanks pappy & uncle D) Last month I met with his kindergarten teacher for school conferences and I remember her congratulating me on having a first grader for the following school year. And in the time it takes you to blink, I was a chaperon for his second grade field trip. Third grade brought new sports experiences and we were running from there to here, and in a flash we were sitting in a parents meeting for the new fourth grade students who were starting to play an instrument. And independence for a fifth grader was his desire, “mom you don’t need to walk with me to the bus stop anymore.” So it just can’t be that today he woke up as a sixth grader ready to face a new day when just yesterday I picked him up out of bed and together we explored and played our day away.
T, you have and continue to be a ray of sunshine in our home and lives. God has blessed us with you and your compassionate heart, simple smile, humorous words and adventurous spirit keeps our family on the move. All these things make our days with you priceless!
We love you buddy. Happy 12th birthday!
Love, mom (for dad & N too)
***************************************************
Project 365

Last night (1-14-09) ended T's winter indoor baseball league. They played a close game last night only winning by 1 run, but they did it! They were the Champs! Way to go W.arwick Phill.ies!
1 comment:
From now on I will remember his bday because we have three other close friends with bdays on that day! Wow! 12. That was a long time ago for me. Tell him happy belated bday from us.
Post a Comment