Jan 2, 2009

New Years Day

Well my bloggy land; here is my first photo entry for Project 356. I had a terrible time trying to choose one photo that captured the day’s events - remember it began at 12 midnight! But with the help of my brilliant family, we decided on this one.

Thur. Jan. 1, 2009
We enjoyed New Years Eve with hubby’s sister, her husband and their step-daughter at their home. Our plans were to walk downtown and take part in the festivities, but all day we had high gusts of winds (25-55 mph) and with the frigid temps of 20 degrees F (I know for some of you that’s nothing!) we choose to stay putt, play games and of course - EAT!

I must be getting older, ‘cause it was somewhat of a struggle to stay awake, but I managed and was able to watch the Ball drop in New York city (on TV), gave and receive my first kiss of ’09 (from hubby!), then packed up and headed home for some zzzz’s. We got home around 1 am, slept like rocks and did not wake until 9 am!

The day was spent doing little things around the house (I have to take the extra help from hubby when I can :-D), way TOO much TV watching by the kiddos and just hanging out. As if the kiddos didn’t have enough of “screen time”, we decided to go see a movie. N chose Ma.rley & Me and we all enjoyed it very much. Maybe it because we have a dog that looks very much like Mar.ley minus all the trouble!

Our evening meal was non-other than Pork and Sauerkraut, (a PA Dutch tradition – it’s thought that by eating this meal on Jan. 1, it will bring you good luck for the year), mashes potatoes and peas. I’m not a fan of sauerkraut, can’t stand how it smells up the house, and I don’t make it often (only on Jan. 1) but the family HEARTED it, took seconds and “mmmm” the entire meal. Do you think they liked it and want to have it more often? Maybe I’ll try it – WHEN I CAN OPEN THE WINDOWS!!

No comments: