- Each lady choose 1 recipe that freezes well (ex: Stuffed Shells, Poppy Seed Chicken, Chili, soups)
- We e-mail each other our choice so we don’t duplicate.
- We then make that recipe 5 times & place it in a freezer safe container.
- Attach the name of the recipe along with heating/cooking instructions.
- Get together at someone home and swap out the meals!
I arrive with 5 of the same meals and leave with 5 totally different ones to place in my freezer to be used as “Oh its 5 o’clock and I have NO idea what we are having for supper” or if I have a busy day. I just Yit! The family gets to try some new recipes and I that’s 5 nights I didn’t have to spend slaving in the kitchen. Hey – it works for ME :-D
What hasn’t worked for me is this:

This is just a very small sample of the recipes I’ve copied or clipped from magazines over the years. "Hi – my name is Renee and I’m addicted to recipes. I carry a small not pad in my purse and have been know to copy them from magazines while waiting to see the doctor, dentist and yes even magazines from Bord.ers (which I didn’t purchase). Is that bad?"
I never had a good system of “keeping” them, they just all end up in a drawer and then when I have a hankering for one of them, I’m searching high and low to find it. As Dr. Ph.il would say, “So how’s that working for ya?” No - did you see the picture above??
So my project today: de-clutter, organize and toss.
Tune in tomorrow to see how I did. Well maybe you better give me a couple days or so.
5 comments:
toss, TOSS, TOSS? the recipes? oh shame on you. ahem, one word...computer. there ya have it. no more mess, no more books, clippings...all there on that puppy when you need it. or do you already have a stash on there? this whole meal sharing sounds awesome. hmm, and inspiring. i have really wanted to do a recipe swap on my blog for a long time. looks like the idea is forming into action hopefully soon.
My cooking blog is finally the way I've kept track of the recipes we like. But, I have bags of recipes in my basement that I hope to one day sit down and go through!
I try to pull out a few of the recipes I've clipped when I'm meal/grocery planning - then I squeeze a couple new ones in.
I will post about the notebooks next week for you!! And, thank you for posting about the swap - I was curious about the number and how you chose meals - sounds easy enough!!
I'm a recipe addict too. When I go through them, I'm surprised by how many I've never made and throw away.
I post all my favorite recipes on my cooking blog. A copy also goes in to a binder similar to yours (though not as full ;) ), so I have the original in case I have internet issues when it's time to cook.
This reminds me ... it's time for my annual "weed out the recipes you're not going to use" exercise. I can usually find them online anyway.
i noticed you were doing 365, i am also. it's been so fun! i coudnt find a place to follow you... maybe i missed it. anyway, this picture is great. i always love seeing books put together by real people of things they love. even scrapbooks give me the hibbyjibby's i'm not sure how to spell that. but i do love seeing people create books of any kind. have fun for the next 300+ days!
Post a Comment