Jan 4, 2009

Christmas '08 is now over

I know that I'm only supposed to post one photo a day, but when it comes to an event like this, it's just so darn hard!!

More food, family, Christmas gifts and gingerbread houses!

Here are the 24 descendants from my 11 cousins on my mothers side ripping into their gifts from their Great grandparents. YES I said 24 kiddos, ranging from ages 14 years - 4 months. And yes we are in an old M.ennonite church basement, on a cold cement floor with one VERY old fashioned Christmas tree to set the mood(the lights are large bulbs and the colored paint is chipping off - can you say "Lead paint chips".)




A new tradition we stated last year was having all the kiddos
decorate gingerbread houses. This is our feeble attempt to keep them from destroying the church in less than an hour.

They all have a blast, from the youngest to the oldest and try to see who can eat the most candies!


N's house is in the front and T's is in the back. As you can see, T enjoyed eating the candies instead of using them to decorate his house. N likes to use as much candy as possible so she will have more the pull off and eat for the weeks to come.

So I can officially declare Christmas 2008 as finished and start putting the wrapping paper, bows, Christmas decorations, lights, Nativity and greens away. Looking around the house I have to ask myself, "Just WHY do you put SO MUCH OUT?" Well I know what lies ahead for me this week :-(

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

i could sit and sing that song for a long time..over and over again! but i surely don't sound as pretty.

now who said only post once a day! nawwww. and all these kids...looked so wonderful to be a part of!

cute 365 photo on your sidebar. can't wait to "see" the year ahead with you!