Jan 7, 2009

2 for 1 day!

When I decided to take part in Project 365, I promised to give myself a lot of grace if I didn’t post everyday or couldn't come up with a picture that captured that day’s events .

Whelp that lasted a whole week. ;-/ Today I’m 2 days behind and it is just driving me crazy! So here’s my photos for Monday and Tuesday.

Monday the kiddos finally went back to school after a L . . O . . N . .G holiday break. Neither of them was overly excited to return to school, but both wanted to see their friends again. I have to admit, as I watched them walk down the driveway to catch the bus and hubby was heading off to work, I caught myself felling sad because I would be all alone - but that only lasted for 10 minutes as I began to tidy up and things stayed that way for almost 7 hours!! When the kiddos were asked, "How was school today?" the response was "Okay. Can we have a snack?" and that was it. Any suggestions on how to get your kids to talk about their day??


2009 brought a new chore list for the kiddos and one new item added was washing/drying the dishes. They have always helped with the setting and clearing, but I finally left down my guard (aka: my strong desire to have it done the right way/my way, clean and spotless!) and so far it's not going to bad. I still need to relax about the water marks left on the sink or the sticky table, but they'll get there, with some guidance. Each week they take turns and N was excited that she was finally able to wash the glasses and knives (with mom supervising closely!).


So now I'm feeling better. I'm caught up with my project and now it's off to my Chore list; take down the Christmas tree!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be very fun for you to look back and relieve your year. I used to post almost every single day, but my life was more busy a couple of years ago and I had much more to share. Now, well lets just say that there is just so much sitting around to share :)

Fun idea and I hope you enjoy doing it.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

WOW - I can't imagine getting out a post every single day. Good for you - you'll treasure it! Pictures certainly do tell our stories!