(Sun. Jan. 4, 2009)
Yesterday after church hubby came to me and said, "Hey I invited a couple guys over to watch the game tonight. Hope you don't mind."
No , I didn't mind. I was in a relatively easy going mood so it really didn't bother me. About 30 minutes later, my mind finally computed the information hubby offered earlier and I realized that if the game started at 4 pm it would still be well underway during supper. Normal Sunday suppers for our family are (hold on to your hats) popcorn, ice cream or PB & J sandwiches. I know - real healthy, but it works for me ;-) But this was not a meal that I could serve to hungry men during a football game. One of the guys was bring chips and salsa, so I browned up some ground beef, chopped some lettuce, grabbed the sour cream, shredded cheese & black olives and we enjoyed Taco Salads! They were a big hit and all were happy ;-D

1 comment:
i don't know...i bet the pbj's and popcorn would have worked. they probably wouldn't have noticed what they were putting in their mouth if the game was good! such a sweet wife. i probably would've flared my nostrils a bit on this one.
Post a Comment