Fri. Jan. 2, 2009
We were introduced to this food on New Years Eve at hubby's sister's house. They are soybeans in the shell, aka: Ed.amame. To our surprise - we all loved them so much that when we spotted them in the grocery store we had to get them. And not just one bag, but three! lol
They are easy to make and fun to eat too. Just microwave them for a couple of minutes, salt them as soon as they are out of the micro, then when they are cool enough to touch, you just "pop" the soybean out from the shell and into your mouth. I think that is the part that the kiddos like, but hey, I'll take it as long as I can get them to eat something good that's good for them and an "excellent source of fiber and 9 g. protein" (according to the packaging).


3 comments:
Never heard of it....I'll have to look for it! :-)
Hope you are having a fantastic start to your 2009!
if it didn't say 9g of protein i'd be turning up my nose, but these actually do look good.
Edemame is pretty much a staple at our house. We get ours from Costco. Actually, I may even have some frozen in our freezer. Great snax, huh?
Where are you from that you have never seen these before? I live in California...found you thru Linda at Growin' with it.
LOVED your blog, and "Turn up the music" is one of my favorites!!!
Post a Comment