Jan 12, 2009

Weekend rewind

Just how does the weekend slip by so quickly? This is how! ;-D



Friday night, N & I enjoyed a "Mom & daughter night" with some friends. The daughters got to roast hot dogs and s'mores while the moms enjoyed some yummo Taco Soup! The girls had a blast roasting marsh.mellows for their moms. Some were very charred, but we had fun anyway!


Sunday evening our family and small group from church enjoyed this:

It's Curried Beef served over rice with tons of toppings! (chopped peppers, onions, tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced bananas, crushed pineapple, sunflower seeds, craisins and Snow on the Mountain = coconut)

I'm not crazy about Curry or putting fruit on my ground beef, but I REALLY enjoyed it! Our pastor and her husband join our group for a be-lated Pastor Appreciation event. They were missionaries in Africa and learned to eat Somalian food. We learned that true Somalian meat would have been Camel or goat, but as for the rest of the meal, we were pretty close to the real thing. I may have found myself a new recipe! ;-)

3 comments:

Joëlle said...

HI Renée !
I found your blog by following several links... funny I think ! I will try to follow your "365 project" ... and leave some comments !
Check our blog too... I began it to share our transatlantic travel with family and friends; sorry for writing in french ;)
Have a blessed year !
Joelle, Marc, Anaelle and Antoine

Joëlle said...

Forgott to give you our blog adress :
http://wenger-mjaa.blogspot.com/
take care !
Joelle

Growin' With It said...

you and your daughter have very similar BEAUTIFUL smiles!☺