Dec 31, 2008

Holiday catch-up

I'm still around - - just trying to crawl out from under all the wrapping paper, cookies, new gifts and house work.

Wow, was it a fun Christmas holiday for us. For the first time in I don't know when, I didn't feel like we contestants in "The Ama.zing Ra.ce". You know how it works, you try to visit and go to all the inviations you received and then throw in family dinners and your 24 hours in the day are "kaput"* gone and you are left feeling like everthing was just one big blur! Things were very slow paced and relaxed as our family dinners were spaced out this year. One here, one there, and one the beggining of next year (Jan. 2, 2009 - man that seems funny to type 2009. I just got use to 2008!) Below is a small peek of our Christmas scrapbook. Enjoy ;-)



Click to play

Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox scrapbook



I'm not good at making New Years resoluations - I never seem to complete them and then I feel like a smuck because I couldn't even accomplish the most simplest of things - and when I make goals, I don't enjoy sharing them for fear that I will look foolish for not completing them. Hubby, for as long as I've know him, makes goals every year and enjoys sharing them with me, which is okay, but I then feel obligated to do the same with much hesitation.

Last year I kept things pretty general - getting up and going to bed at the reasonable time (by who's definiation of reasonable? I don't know?), read 1 book a month (doable - in the wintertime), keep after the garden (don't plan in keeping this goal if you decied to take a 3 week vacation to Europe - your sure to fail), keep the house organized (again, not very spacific) and I'm sure there were more I just can't find the tablet that I wrote them in (guess I didn't get the organized house goal either). See what I'm saying about not accomplishing them.

BUT . . .
one thing I have accomplished this year: Meeting all of YOU!!!

I’ve learned over the past 6 months that this “Bloggy land” has the MOST compassionate, inspiring, forgiving, and encouraging group of gals that I’ve every come across. I feel EVERY SO BLESSED to have met each and every one of you and I can’t wait to see what journeys we embark in 2009!

So Happy New Year to all my dear, sweet blogging gals! And I can't wait to chat in 2009!!

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

what a sweet and endearing post. ♥ right back atcha! there was a night my husband & i were out shopping together for christmas, we were stuck on what to get AJ. he keeps asking for a critter. and we were this close, THIS close to getting him a bunny. now i'm moping around that we didn't. your daughters expression was priceless. happy new year sweet friend!