Dec 17, 2008

Do you know your Christmas songs?

Dear Winter Cold –

This letter is to inform you of my displeasure of your appearance and the unnecessary gift you brought to my home this week. You have disrupted my daily routine and left me WITHOUT much “comfort and joy” or a voice. My family is asking, “Do you hear what I hear?" Is that mom or “The Chipmunk song” on the radio?

You see Mr. Cold, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” for me, and I have cookies to bake, a house to clean, “Bells to be ringing”, menus to plan, gifts to wrap and I must “Deck the Halls!” But you have sapped my “Winter wonderland” just like “Mr. Grinch.”

I have not enjoyed a “Silent Night” of sleep due to your gifts of nasal congestion, fever, headache, sore throat and coughing; which by the way was NOT on my “Grown up Christmas list”. I feel like “Grandma got run over by a reindeer.”

I’m very sorry for my impoliteness as “Christmas Time is here” and I should be spreading “Joy to the world”, but you see “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas” and I’ll be “Rockin around the Christmas tree” when your visit is terminated!

With much irritation,
" Renee" the red nosed reindeer

P.S. I may be under the weather, but I still have some wit about me yet - or maybe it has more to do with all the meds I've taken. ;-D And yes, I came up with this letter all my myself.

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

SERIOUSLY? i started reading and thought to myself...where does she find these cool little tidbits. tada..from wonderful y-o-urself? amazing! hope you feel better.