Dec 22, 2008

Okay . . . I'll listen

I have finally taken my hubby's advice and went to the doc's today for some professional advice. It's been about 2 weeks that I've had this cold, but seeing that I'm "mom", I tend to put myself last and push on, even if I'm on my death bed. You see, I have this idea that the house/others just can't function without me being involved. I mean, I know exactly where things are or need to go and it won't get done the "right" way if mom doesn't do it. I know - I need to work on letting things go! Anyone now a good training source?
So for the last week, I've been doing the old remedy's; lots of chicken soup, hot tea, N.ight.Quill, exercising - (you know, sweat the germs out of ya!), and I think I drank enough water to fill up the community pool!. But much to my persistence, I'd wake up the next morning feeling worse than the day before.

But when I awoke this morning with a pain in my ear, teeth and face, I knew I needed more help than what could be found here at home. So I did what any good mother would do (even when she's not feeling well) got the kiddos up and ready for school, packed lunches, cleaned up the kitchen, took the kiddos to the bus stop, gave hugs and kisses from a distance, said goodbye to hubby and started calling the doctors office at 7:30 am! Yes, you know you are sick when . . .

1. You start calling the doctor's office at 7:30 am only to get their answering service asking you to call back at 8 am when the office is open.
2. You hit redial on your phone at 7:57 . . . . 7:58 . . . 7:59 just hoping they might have a faster clock than yours.
3. Finally at 8 am when you get to talk to the person scheduling appointments, she offers an 8:15 am appointment and you interrupted her and say you'll take it.
4. You realize there is no time for a shower, applying makeup or styling the hair, but you don't care. You spray some of last years B.ath and B.ody mist on, fluff up the hair with the hairdryer and decide that it's in EVERYONES best interest that you change out of your PJ's!
Long story short, I have a sinus infection so I'm on antibiotics (sp?)and OTC drugs in hopes to kick this thing by Christmas. I sure hope, 'cus I've got out of town family I want to see on my hubby's side for Christmas day and then my parents, brother and his wife at our home on Saturday for another Christmas celebration!

No comments: