So I thought, why not! I searched tons of stores high and low before I found just what I was looking for, the kiddos put a lot of thought into the placement of their ornaments and I spent the next day "rearranging them". Oh don't give me that look followed by a gasp - you know we all do it!!
We bought an artificial tree this year (I like artificial instead of fake - it just sounds nicer LOL) and so far . . I'm okay with it! I haven't forgot to water it once, and I'm not sweeping up pine needles every day! However I do miss the natural pine scent my vacuum seems to acquire every year at this time. But there are candles and sprays that work just as well.
So (drum roll please)..... , here's our tree:

Our tree is covered in white lights, blue and gray Christmas balls, ornaments the kiddos made through out the years, H.almark ornaments (each year I buy the kiddos a new one that represents what they are "into" that year), candy canes and ornaments that were given to us through gift exchanges and my Sunday school children. It's quite an assortment of mix-n-matched ornaments and it always brings up conversations when guests arrive. You may have noticed that our tree is missing a topper . . . it's time to get a new one but I'm not sure what I want: Angel or Star? Here are a few of the ornaments that are decorating our tree this year.




and a tree that has a little of this and some of that is not complete without:
a Sheriff to keep things under control!
I like our tree, the ornaments have history and stories to tell, the family works together to decorate it and it always looks great, but I have a tiny confession to make. Every year I long for a tree that looks like the trees displayed in the stores. You know, the ones that have a "theme" and are beautiful, big and full. As I walk among them, I dream of the day when I can have a "Williams burg" or a "White Champagne" themed tree - all organized and coordinating.



6 comments:
okay, so can i come live with you? those windows are incredible. see, i need lots of sunshine and i could soak it up sitting in that room. add the christmas lights and i'm good to go.
beautiful tree of course renee my friend. i love how you re-arrange. my poor kids don't even ask to help anymore and now as they get older i'm feelin' mighty guilty.
looks beeautiful. glad you joined the party!
HOLY CANOLLI! THOSE WINDOWS!!!!! Do me a favor, when Christmas is over stand back and take a picture of your windows! That is amazing. Your tree is lovely too of course. LOVE the sheriff that is the cutest thing ever! I like the Happy birthday Jesus too, what's inside it?
Oh, you blog, is winterlicious!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Sara, your windows are absolutely gorgeous!!
I know this was supposed to be about the tree...which is beautiful in it's own right...but those windows are just lovely! :)
I love the patch work type of tree. It is the one with history and love sewn in. It is my ind of tree... Though, I must say I have often thoguht it might be nice to have one theme. then I realize, my trees always have one: family.
PS:
I think that sheriff is awful cute.
Your tree is beautiful and I love all those ornaments that have special meaning!
yoo whoo...i have something for you!!!
Post a Comment