Jul 23, 2009

Who let the dogs out?

Day 203, Wednesday: We let our dog, Bailey have the run of the property during the day. At any given time you can find her snoozing on our back porch right next to our sliding door. This is her "spot" and she usually doesn't leave it, unless there's a groundhog, cat, rabbit or neighbor to chase! Even when it's raining, Bailey is faithful to her spot. I feel bad when I see her sitting in the pouring down rain so when I can I instruct her to "go to her kennel" so she doesn't get wet. She goes but unwillingly sometimes. I think she thinks she's in trouble and gives me those dogie eyes and drops her ears as she slowly walks to her kennel.

After sending her to her to kennel last night during a quick down pour, this is what we saw.


She was standing in her kennel, door WIDE open, looking out and barking at a rabbit like she just wanted to "get it!"
Ugh . . Bailey, your kennel door is open!
We had a good laugh at her expense of course, and she eventually realized that the door was open and slowly, almost as if she was embarrassed, walked to her spot next to the sliding door.

4 comments:

Darla said...

dogs are so funny, and their mindsets and habits are even funnier, or frustrating in some cases. looks like you have one loveable dog there! funny story!

Mari said...

Awww = poor Bailey! Don't they have funny little quirks?

Shelby-Grace said...

Oh my, she makes me feel so bad:(

Our dog would probably do the same thing! Dogs...gotta love 'em:)

Growin' With It said...

aww, she is such a perdy doggie. this one made me smile a big one!☺