Day 196, Wednesday: This A.mish school house is down the road from where I live. Yesterday when I drove by, there were 4 buggies tied to the trees and all the desks were sitting outside. I was curious and didn't have my camera with me then (how could I break the Project 365 rule?), so I went back later that night. When I got closer to the building, the air was filled with the smell of paint & stain. Looking closer at the desks I realized that they all (student & teacher's desk's) had been refinished with a new coat of stain. They looked so new and shiny ready for the next school year to begin.
This week Nichole has soccer camp. They meet from 5-9 pm every night to learn new moves and improve their skills. An hour before camp is over they play a game that involves the skill they learned that night. For example, they were working their foot placement on the ball. So that night they needed to touch the ball "x" amount of times with a different part of their foot before they passed it. I would have lost all concentration and tripped for sure!
4 comments:
kinda looks like "summer school" outside at first!
Neat shot of the desks. I like the action soccer shot too.
Love those old desks. My grandma had one of those kind in her basement and I loved sitting at it and pretending all kinds of things when I'd go and visit. Thanks for the memory:)
anytime you want to share the Amish lifestyle with us, i would love that! i have always wanted to go to just see how they live. do people do that? or am i strange? it's been a desire of mine for sometime now. so, i loved seeing that picture. beautiful baby shower cake also! actually all of your pictures were great. you have alot of talents young lady!
Post a Comment