Nov 18, 2008

A lesson Learned . . the hard way

I’m a thrift store, discounted shopper! Which in this day and time, has proven to be a good thing for our family! I can usually find really great deals on name brand products that I use most of the time and know exactly what day to shop at my favorite stores.

However there are times that my “never let me down” stores don’t have the brand I’m looking for. And paying FULL price at another store is just out of the question! So I take a risk of buying some new brand, hoping that I will like it while trying to convince myself that even if I don’t, it’s okay to toss it ‘cause I paid less than half the regular price anyway.

About a month ago, I purchased a LARGE bottle of “fresh scent” (aka: large amount of perfumes and dyes added) fabric softener and was tickled pink because of the great price. I found myself doing more laundry than usually because I loved how the freshly laundered clothing smelled while taking them out of the washing machine. I even air dried them, hanging clothing everywhere in the house just to keep the fresh scent alive.

Over the past few days, I’ve been itchy but hadn’t thought much about it- the weather is getting colder and the air in the house tends to be dryer. So I’d lather on the lotion, and more lotion throughout the day as I found myself constantly scratching when my hands were free. At the end of the day, when my worn, scratched body longed for the comfort of the bed, it was torture! It seemed the more skin that was exposed to the bedding, the worse the feeling. As I ran my hands along my arms and felt the large welts that were growing, it hit me like a Mac truck!!!

Everything that was against my body (you know shirts, pants, bed sheets) was washed in the NEW fabric softener with the “fresh scent”.


So I sit here today, scratching, and I mean vigorously scratching like a MAD woman – I’ve realized that paying a little for the name brand product is well worth it my friends!!! WELL WORTH IT! At least when it comes to fabric softner!

cat scratching Pictures, Images and Photos

Today’s “to do list:

1. A.veeno bath
2. Rewash ALL bedding and clothing in the house! (N has the same skin type as me. Hugh – she’s been scratching too ;-(

4 comments:

Growin' With It said...

how awful! my ani is the same way and we've learned the hard way with him. i even washed a stuffed animal once in the wrong kind of soap and he woke up the next morning with a rash all over his face/neck from snuggling. i felt horrible.

sorry you itch! maybe you can get some good sympathy out of this though? like uninterrupted soaking in the tub and take out for dinner?!

Anonymous said...

A.veeno baths are the best. This happens to me if I try a new lotion or detergent or anything. So annoying. BTW - claritin works great to make the itching and welts go away.

Hope you feel better!

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

I itch a lot too but it's just because I'm on the back side of 50 and probably don't drink enough water.

Tahir Imran said...

what's solon neighborly than thanking someone for being adjuvant, distribution multipurpose accumulation or just existence a outstanding near, you can express them by Thanksgiving pictures||Free Wallpapers Funny Wallpapers.