It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Oh it wasn't easy. There were days of great temptation . . . but I did it! I've waited until TODAY to bring out my first Christmas decoration. Now the house is cluttered with holiday boxes busting at the seams with my holiday items.
The morning began with our annual "tree hunt". For the last 5 years our tradition was to bundle up in coats, hats and gloves, drive to the local Christmas Tree farm, ride a horse drawn wagon to the F.raser F.ur section, walk the aisle and try to select a tree everyone was happy with, cut it down, drag it to the "wagon stop", then load it onto the vehicle and drive home with our prize tree and set it up.
We enjoyed a good tree hunt, the scent of pine in my home and I loved the photos I got choosing a tree, but this year we decided to purchase a pre-lite tree.
I thought I'd miss all the sentimental stuff I talked about above, but honestly I *heart* the fact that my hands are showing NO signs of sap, there was NO fights with the string of lights, NO pine needles to sweep up, NO guessing how much water might be in the tree stand before it overflows onto the carpeting, and I can most certainly rest a-sure that there are NO little creatures that call this tree home that might wonder through my home!
So I'm off to decorate my newly purchased pre-lite tree with the family as we singing with all our might to Christmas CD's.
I'll post photos or our "tree trimming party" tomorrow

1 comment:
whittt whooo. love the festive look here. great job! okay, i live in oregon...don't tell anyone but we have a fake tree. i hate admitting it here in timber country. although i bet i'd win points with all the tree huggers that live around here.
have fun decorating!
Post a Comment