Oct 13, 2008

Today's Goal . .

keeping my sanity!!!!

The kiddos have the day off – it Columbus Day – and I really should be happy but honestly I’m sorry to say . . . I’m not. I love ‘em to death, but we all need a schedule and mommas schedule is FULL for a Monday!

1. Laundry: there’s a mountain of it in the laundry room and it’s literally blocking the door so there’s no escaping! And if one were able climb the mountain and repel down the other side, they wouldn’t be dressed ‘cause, “I don’t have ANYTHING to wear!” Find that one hard to believe – it’s more like there is nothing they WANT to wear.


2. Groceries: I really think eating is over rated! And the thought of taking them with me - - not a chance! It usually sound’s something like this “Mom can I get this?, Mom I was pushing the cart!, Mom I need this!, Mom . . Mom . . Mom. . Please!!” Then a sound that is part exhale and a low rumbling growl breaks out through my mouth (you know the one I’m talking about!!) and I say, “Stop it!” which is MUCH louder than I wanted it to be and I quickly look around to see if anyone heard me, or maybe it’s more I’m looking to see that I’m not the only mother struggling. Nope - - it’s just me :-)


3. The Puppy: We are dog sitting for my parents and this puppy is so a puppy! She is always under foot wanting to play, doesn’t like to be alone, sniffs the floor all the time so you don’t know when she needs to “go potty” so you are ALWAYS on guard, likes to drag and play with anything that is NOT her toys, and when you can’t find her, you need to send out the search party in the house ‘cause heaven for bid she’d come when you call her name! Just 8 more days . . I can do this . . I think :-/


4. The Bird: Squeals, hollers, clicks, rings its bell, calls you a “meat head”, want’s to know “what’ch doing” or tells you to “stop it”, and has seed shells and feather everywhere!! If we are not in the same room, he will let out a VERY shrill, ear deafening sound. I can’t even begin to describe it.


5. Birthday plans: Nichole is planning a party and let me tell you – it’s a party! She has big, grand ideas, which is wonderful! I don’t need to come up with ideas and if no one likes them – it’s not my fault! But who will do all this? ME. Oh, the party will happen, this is a milestone for us as we are officially exiting the single digit birthday years, my baby girl will be 10 years old next Wednesday. But there is much to do between now and then – first the invitations need to be picked and mailed!! Looks like a party run today.


6. Everything else: you know what I’m talking about. Just everything else that needs to be done in a day’s time – that's LIFE!

Happy Monday my Bloggy friends!!

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

i can't believe how similar our monday mornings are turning out to be!
1. sick boy home from school
2. laundry..that's a given
3. need for groceries
4. dogsitting my brother's pooch
5. ani's grand bday dreams for his upcoming party.
6. and life in general!!!

all except the bird. btw...LOVED the grocery shopping description. hilarious! here's to surviving monday for both of us! ;o)

Short Stop said...

Man, I can relate!! The laundry kicks my toosh to the moon and back again!

Hope you had a good Monday - and kept your sanity!!!! :)