Captain Jack and his "girls" . . . (yes I have chickens :-/ and I enjoy them. Did you know that Roosters crow at all hours?? He better than a watch dog!)

Sophie is a 4 1/2 month old Schnauzer . . .(she came with her bed mate, Moose. He's as big as her!!!) She is house/crate trained , cute as ever and VERY spoiled! but is very much a puppy!!

My parents left for Tennessee today and will be gone for the next 10 days. "Nichole" (with my help) will be in charge of caring for grandma and pappys animals who will be in the house with us!
Please note: I'm not fond of house pets - they make a lot of dirt. Our animals, (with the expectation of the hamster who lives in a cage in Nichole's room and I WILL not touch!!! It looks too much like a rat), are OUTSIDE where they can make all the dirt they want! Do you see what I'm getting at my friends? I have enough trouble cleaning up after my own family I don't need inside pets to clean up after too. I LIKE outside animals - there is very little clean-up (talking about the dog) required!! Are you hearin' what I'm sayin' friends?
I'm trying to be the very best SAHM I can be - you know having everything in it's place, the children clean, supper ready and on the table, hair done and makeup reapplied, and running to greet my hubby (in heels, pearls and my best Sunday dress) with a kiss and his slippers when he walks in the door - oh wait! Silly me :-)that's not my life! I'm failing miserably! There are large dust bunnies on the floor and dust messages written on the furniture, piles of laundry both clean and dirty acclimating in bedrooms, and oh the bathrooms - I'll spare you the visual. I can't even find space on my desk to place my coffee cup!
So I'll throw the idea of becoming Susie Homemaker out the window for this week, maybe the bird too if he soon doesn't zip it - just kidding mom, Snugs fine ;-) and I'll adopt a saying from my favorite TV mom, Kate Gosslin from *Jon & Kate Plus Eight.
She says, "Today I could very well loose my mind" . . then she talks about having two sets of multiples and since I don't but have a total of 8 animals - the bold letting is my own version "and although my house is in disarray and I'm hosting a petting zoo, which won't bring out the best in me . . I'm part of a family and we'll do this together !"
2 comments:
my favorite part of kate's statement..."it might be a crazy life, but it's OUR life"...i love that part. well girl, i knew i was glad to have met you and whahoo...what a great post. i got such a great view of you and your sweet world. loved. loved every bit of it!
and great look btw. your profile is awesome!
Post a Comment