Oct 16, 2008

"I can't do this anymore!" . . . . to Thankful Thurdays!

Having two extra animals IN THE HOUSE this week has not brought out the best in me. Or maybe it’s the extra surge of hormones racing through my body from the new meds my GYN suggested I try because in her words, “you may just have a suckie cycle!” Never the less, I have not been pleasant this week. The “cute puppy” has decided that my dining room makes a fine place to “do her business”, the bird just won’t shut-up, (sorry for the harsh language – please forgive me), my daughter has decided that I can’t possibly help her with her math homework because I wouldn’t understand it (well she’s kind of right but give me a chance), there’s still signs of laundry from Monday and there’s enough dirt on my floors that I could start an indoor garden!

BUT . . . . Thankfully I stopped by Linda’s blog (sorry I don't know how to attach her site) first thing this morning and decided that I, along with God could change my attitude for today! So I’ve borrowed her idea and here’s my
THANKFUL THURSDAY post!

1. My hubby who faithfully heads to work Monday through Friday to provide for our family without complaints and loves me more than the world!


2. My kiddos and their ability to give hugs, kisses & say they love me even after I’ve shouted commands and rushed them out the door just to make the bus on time.


3. Our home, even though it may not be the tidiest one in town, it’s a place where we are become a family!


4. The beautiful fall colors and warmer weather. Yes it’s unseasonably warm, today’s it’s to be about 73° so I’m not wrapping up in bulky sweaters or cozy blankets yet!


5. Finding great deals at the local thrift shops!


6. My morning cup of coffee


7. Having lunch with my kiddos this week. Its National School Lunch week and yesterday I ate with Nichole and her friends and today I eat with Tyler and his buds. It’s kind of cool he still wants mom to come in and have lunch with him.


8. Having homemade frozen meals in the freezer so I don’t have to wonder What’s for dinner tonight?


9. Friends! The ones that are near and far who are a source of encouragement and loveth at all times


10. My families’ health.


11. Waking up and being able to live another day!

THANKS LINDA - You’ve blessed me today ;-)

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

"Having homemade frozen meals in the freezer so I don’t have to wonder What’s for dinner tonight?"
I knew i liked you, but this one takes the cake!!!

phew, what a morning. and i totally get all the things you were feeling. dogsitting, hormones, kids, laundry, etc. you are such a great writer. and i love reading your stuff.

glad to hear your day is going better! now go feed that bird a cracker.