The birthday celebration for Erica yesterday was filled with tasty food, good conversation(with English speaking relatives) and great stories! After the meal, we walked around Schafbusch with just the siblings and Erica told us stories from when she was a girl. It's hard to believe that so much could happen to one family. I'm glad we had the chance to hear them and be in the location that they took place.
This evening is the start of Hege Family Days so there is much comotion here. If I thought my head was spinning meeting everyone last week, tonight I will be a whirlwind! This event is where all of Erica's brother's & sister's along with their children and grandchildren meet a the home farm for an evening of fellowship and eating tarte flambe, a thin crust pizza with cream, onions and bacon baked in a wood fired oven.
It's hard to believe that our 3 week Europe vacation will come to an end on Monday. Tomorrow will be a day of repacking and trying to figure out just how we get all the chocolate, snow globes and other souvenirs purchased over the weeks. It may come down to leaving some clothing behind ~ the chocolate is way to good to leave behind :) Thanks to all of you who have responded and kept in touch with us. It has helped us to feel close to home at times. See you all soon!
1 comment:
Hi guys - for some reason your email slipped way down below my veiwing level, and I didn't notice it until today, when I wondered when you were returning! So even though we haven't commented, we have been wondering how you're doing. Thanks for blogging - I just spent a wonderful hour or so here catching up. I'm also wishing that I'd known what "Tarte Flambe" was on a menu - I certinly would have ordered it!! We're looking forward to hearing more after you get home. Safe travels! (From all the Hertzlers)
Post a Comment