Aug 19, 2009

Wednesday, Day 231: Put the kiddos to work. They are preparing cucumbers so I can make Cinnamon Cucumber Rings in a few days.

************************************************************
Tuesday, Day 230: We went to the Country Market and spotted this in the parking lot. I don't know the make of truck, but the kids thought it was cool looking.
************************************************************
Monday, Day 229: Today we went to the community pool. The kids swam & played while I read a book! Ahh - they told me this day would come ;-)

*************************************************************
Saturday, Day 227: It's hard to tell by this picture, but the kids are harvesting our soybeans. Now our freezer is stocked with Edamame!

***************************************************************
Friday, Day 226: Nichole was having supper at a friends house which allowed me to become "creative" with our Friday night pizza. I made a Margarita pizza with slices of mozzarella, garden fresh tomatoes and sprinkled dried tomato, basil & garlic pesto on top. mmm mmm!

***********************************************************
Thursday, Day 225: I'm usually the last one who is ready to go school shopping, but I was on the ball this time. We came home armed with backpacks, notebooks, ring binders, pencils, pens, folders and the required 8 GB flash drive for Tyler.

*************************************************************
Wednesday, Day 224: A hand full of these little beauties helped me get back into the swing of the everyday house hold routine after returning from our vacation. :-)


6 comments:

Mari said...

Cinnamon cucumber rings? Never heard of them! The truck is pretty neat looking and I like the M&M shot too!

Lynn said...

That pizza looks yummy!...the chocolate doesn't look too bad either. ;o)

Edamame....YUM!

Darla said...

that just kinda wore me out, gardening, school shopping, cooking, swimming, all right after vacation? i was glad to see that you had m&m's and reading to balance all that out! :D

LaVonne said...

Thanks for the update. You're just one busy person with canning, gardening, shopping, and sight-seeing! I believe the pink truck might be a Willies Jeep.

Shelby-Grace said...

I've never heard of cinnamon cucumber rings either? Sounds interesting. I love cinnamon, but I'm not a cucumber fan...but maybe together I'd change my mind!

And oh my, your pizza looked great! Do you deliver??!!

Hope you're having a great weekend!!

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

I think I have gained weight just reading your blog! The sight for the wedding is great. Where is that?