But look - don't eat please! ;-DOkay - so for those of us who are “sewing machine challenged” I found and MADE this cute little fall craft today that will give your toilet tissue and bathroom a festive fall look. It only took me 15 minutes and I had all the supplies I needed, so sadly I didn't get the opportunity to run out to my favorite craft store. Boo ho with a slight poochy lip :-{
Anyway, it’s out of the F’amily F’un Ma’gazine and I found it to be very simple! I improvised a tad and used stuff I had around the house so I didn't totally follow all the directions. If I'm not careful the family might start calling me "the frugal momma". Oh well, I guess there are worse things that I could be call, so I'll take it!! Speaking of the family, this would be an easy, quick, rainy day craft for the kiddos. Depending on how much T-paper you have lying around you could end up with a WHOLE TRUCK LOAD of Pumpkins!
Happy Pumpkin Making!!
Craft Materials:
- Toilet tissue rolls
- Orange, brown or what ever color you want fabric
- Small brown paper bag
- 12-inch green pipe cleaners
- Green felt leaves
way smaller), gather the fabric around it and tuck the edges into the top hole.
2. For a stem, roll a strip of brown paper bag and glue the edge. (Forget gluing - tape is much better! There isno "drying time" . I used a small brown paper bag, crumpled it up, then un-crumpled it, patted it flat, and marked it with a B - oh wait that's the tune to Pat-A-Cake - so sorry :-( After I patted it flat, I rolled it up to make a stem than taped the side seams.

3. For a vine, glue one end of a pipe cleaner to a felt leaf, then curl the pipe cleaner around the stem. Insert the stem in the hole. (Here is I jumped ship and used what I had lying around the house. My leaf is just ivy from floral arrangement that was falling apart anyway. And it looks just as good - or so I think ;-)
3 comments:
now that's the kind of pumpkin i like. no mess, no yucky taste, no mold when it gets too old, no watering, fertilizing, etc. great idea.
btw...love your new festive look here.
Very cute - love your choice of fabric!!
My kids made these last year with orange felt and I like yours much better!
If we make them this year, I'll be singing Pat a Cake while making them thanks to you!
(to answer your question, we had that family picture done back in July - I love it!!!)
Stop by when you get a chance, I "tagged" you today!
Post a Comment