Aug 9, 2011

Just a little Whitewater!




Tuesday, Aug 9th ~


Today we drove to Buene Vista, CO to take our FIRST whitewater raft trip down the Arkansas River. I must confess ~ my nerves were shot long before we arrived to our destination. I had no idea what to expect. THEN after our 1/2 hr. safety class ~ where they tell you ALL the things that could happen! ~ I had a gut feeling that this was not a good adventure for our family to embark upon. It was going to be an all day event, we drop in at 10pm, paddled for 1 1/2 hrs, hopped out for lunch, then dropped back in for another 1 1/2 hrs to finish.



BUT we buckled our life vests and put our helmets on tight and went for it!






We were SO GLAD we went for it! It was a fabulous day on the river.

No comments: