Mar 16, 2010

Catching up

Monday, Day 75:
Nichole decided to try gymnastics this spring instead of soccer. This was her second practice & she was totally THRILLED to be working on the balance beam. Ever since here first class, she has been tumbling & bouncing all around the house. I think it's a great energy outlet for her!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, Day 71: The kiddos had the day off from school & we got to watch my nephew. Nichole has a friend over for the day & they BOTH were very helpful in entertaining him. Here they cranked up the music & had a dance session. Looks like Chase likes it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 4, Day 63: Ocho Rios, Jamaica
1st stop, Dunn's River Falls where we climbed 600 ft up the cascading water fall. Yup - we went RIGHT trough it.

Next stop, River Kayaking with a break at "James Bond Beach". This beach had a water fall too & the pool pictured below is believed to restore your youth after a plunged into it. So I gave it a shot - what did I have to loose? We were also told that a short walk down the beach we could see a cave that was used in the Bond movies. Hubby & I started our trek, but we soon called back to finish our tour. But we did get to see the cave from our kayak.
Our final experience was a relaxing 700 ft chairlift ride through the tropical canopy of Mystic Mountain.

And our day was made complete in Jamaica as we enjoyed the beauty of this sunset while we had dinner. This was only the second sunset we saw all week. The other nights were cloudy.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad Nichole is enjoying gymnastics - it's so fun to watch!
The Jamaica pictures are gorgeous!

Shelby-Grace said...

Your vacation pictures look wonderful! Looks like you had a great time!

Lynn said...

I hiked up Dunes Falls!!! So fun to think we both walked the same path...