Sep 22, 2010

Change is in the air . . .

Just as the season moves from summer to fall, our family is moving into a new chapter of life.

This weekend we will be moving into our new home!

I know, I know, "What you're moving? You never talked about moving!"

All I can say is that God had a plan & it worked just as He had planned!

We listed our home & in 3 days it was sold. Then within a week we found a home that we all LIKED!

We custom built our home 8 years ago, but over time, the 4.5 acres vs. our time/energy/desire to keep up with it's maintenance was draining our excitement. We often said, "if we could just move this home onto a small piece of land that would be great".

(old)

Well as I said, GOD IS GOOD! We found this home 2 miles down the road & we fell in LOVE with it. It is very similar (inside & out) to the one we built which is such a blessing & makes the move easy. The kiddos get to stay in the same school district which made them happy, but Ty needs to change his bus. Which may be hard for him at first, but I'm sure he'll adjust.

(new)

So if I'm MIA for a week or so, I'm either lost under piles of boxes or sitting quietly thanking God for his new blessing!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! Those houses are REALLY similar! What a blessing!

Mari said...

They are both beautiful! Hope the move goes well.

Joëlle said...

that's a BIG decision ! Great you found such a lovely new house :-)
wish you an easy adaptation to this new life

Joëlle said...

change is in the air for us too... sorry, I can't find your email

Darla said...

that is always exciting to have a new start. i'm happy for you to simplify. sounds awesome to me!